Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My brown paper portraits...from 2008

Thanks to OIC, I had the opportunity to practice my portrait drawing for several years. For almost a year and a half, I was at Red Dot one Sunday a month drawing people who posed for us. I drew and sold the portraits, or left the unsold ones in a drawer, never really looking out for them :P

So it came as such a wonderful surprise when a lady contacted me by email last month, and sent me a photo of a portrait I had drawn of her and her husband, back in 2008! Today the picture has travelled to Germany and they have kept it! That really made my day and week and month :)

She wrote: "We met once at RedDot Design Museum, Singapore, because the best portray of my hubby and myself was yours! So, we happened to buy it and put it as a decoration in our bedroom... And since we came back to Berlin, we still have it with us."

Thank you! What a wonderful gift, and wonderful reminder to keep on drawing!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment